Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Tradition...

I talked to my aunt and my second cousin James got married. She said something always happens when the people in my family get married so that it isn't a straight transition. They get married, but something always happens. This time it started late. I told her if they got to the ceremony and everybody was there, it's just a matter of the vows. She said, "I know. I just smiled. He kept asking, 'Are you alright, grandma?' I said yes, and then he looked at my face." He (the groom) was happy so that's all that matters.

Here is the quote of the day from my cousin Michael (groom's uncle and amateur digital camera photographer):
"Well, we all down here and we got a preacher, and a groom. That girl go come on out of there eventually."

His sister, commenting on the pictures taken by Michael:
"Oh, look. We have the floor. That boy can't do nothing right."

Note to self: Control freaks are a good thing. They keep weddings on time.

No comments: